WE ARE ILLINOIS
Don't Read This Press Release
For Immediate Release
AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION - In the spirit of Governor Pat Quinn and Illinois Democrats announcing key decisions that affect millions of Illinoisans on Fridays to avoid media coverage, the Illinois Republican Party is issuing this press release on the Friday before Independence Day Weekend, knowing that it will get little, if any, press coverage.
In the last few weeks, Illinois Democrats have taken the following actions:
• The House redistricting map was released on Friday afternoon, May 20
• The House & Senate redistricting maps were passed late on Friday, May 27, the day before Memorial Day weekend
• The Congressional redistricting map was released late on a Friday, May 27, the day before Memorial Day weekend
• Quinn signed into law the House & Senate redistricting maps late on a Friday, June 3.
• Quinn signed into law the Congressional redistricting map last Friday afternoon, June 24.
Illinois Republican Party Chairman Pat Brady said it is a common public relations practice to roll news out late on Fridays when trying to shift attention away from controversial topics.
“Illinois citizens should read the news and check their wallets every Saturday morning when they wake up because you never know what decisions Pat Quinn and his Democrat friends have quietly announced the day before,” said Brady.
“The only thing worse would be to pass a huge income tax increase in the middle of the night on the last day of a lame duck session of the General Assembly,” said Brady.
< Back to News