WE ARE ILLINOIS
IL GOP Chairman Statement on Quinn's Ouster of Executive Inspector General
Illinois Republican Party Chairman Pat Brady issued the following statement regarding the ouster of Governor Pat Quinn's Executive Inspector General:
"Governor Quinn's firing of Executive Inspector General James Wright on the same day that Quinn was briefed about an ethics probe into his chief of staff's actions cannot be dismissed as mere coincidence. Quinn was clearly trying to sweep this under the rug and hope no one would notice.
The voters deserve answers to the following questions:
• When did Quinn become aware of Jeremy Stermer's alleged ethics violations?
• When did Quinn learn of James Wright's probe?
• What did Wright recommend to Attorney General Lisa Madigan?
• Has Wright been replaced and if so, by whom?
• Is that person going to investigate Wright's dismissal?
• What actions is or was Lisa Madigan considering regarding Wright's recommendations?
• What assurances can Quinn give the public that there was no connection between the firing of Wright and the Stermer investigation?
"Perception is often reality. In Governor Quinn's case, the perception right now is pretty ugly."
< Back to News